We are dedicated to providing inspiring, quality, individualised and unforgettable experiences of the highest quality.
Our staff are trained to deliver personal and social development training to the challenging young people who visit our centre but additionally they are well qualified in the outdoor industry to run courses and adventure experiences for both children and adults
Andy Spink BA Hons.
He holds the following qualifications:
Mountain Based Qualifications
Andy has extensive walking and climbing experience in the UK, European Alps, the Himalayas and South America and has completed all of Scotland’s Munro’s.
- Mountain Instructor Certificate (MIC).
- International Mountain Leaders Award (IML).
- Mountaineering Instructor (MIA).
- Winter Mountain Leader (WML) and Summer Mountain Leader (SML)
Water Based Qualifications
Andy has a extensive experience in a variety of water sports. He has surfed and sea kayaked in a variety of global venues. He has vast experience in Coasteering both personally and as a trainer/assessor.
- BCU Level 5 Surf Kayak Coach Award
- BCU Level 3 Sea Kayak Coach Award
- BCU Level 2 Canadian Canoe Coach Award
He also holds other adventure activity qualifications such as:
- Snow board Leader Award
- SLSGB Emergency Surf Aid and Rescue Award Trainer and Assessor status
Jane is a keen hill walker and swimmer; she also enjoys sailing and generally has a great love of the outdoors. She has spent much of her time in the Dolomites, Pyrenees and mountains of North Wales. the Lake District and Scotland. After several years in a scientific envrionment Jane changed career paths and worked for charitable organisations and in editing. She has a range of experience in PR, marketing, fundraising and of working with young people. She enjoys the challenges that running the office and constant fundraising brings and she values time spent at Tavool House, seeing how the funds she raises helps to benefit the visiting groups of young people. She feels as much at home in the outdoors as she does in the office.
Gill is a qualified Occupational Therapist with a great love of the outdoors especially open water swimming. She is currently taking part in in instructor training and has completed courses in SLSGB Coasteering Safety and Rescue and BSAP First Aid. She also holds a UK CC Level I Swimming Instructor qualification.
- All of our instructors are highly professional, qualified and experienced.
- They hold appropriate national qualifications and are trained in-house to meet our high standards.
- They are adaptable and responsive to the needs of our clients and dedicated to enable each person to be challenged, have fun and to get the most out of their course.
- Most importantly they thrive on real adventures and bring enthusiasm to their work.